Sunday, July 15, 2012

Year one done...

Here I am, sitting in amazement that the first year of marriage has come to an end, and we are going into our second full steam ahead. I am amazed, not because I had doubts we would make it, but that the time flew by so quickly. I think part of the rush came from experiencing our first year of marriage and the upcoming birth of our first child both at once. I just can't believe we are already here. We truly have come a long way from September 2007, and I am really curious and excited for our future, making sure to enjoy every second of the present.

So what did we do to celebrate? We hit up the good ol' ATL for a nice getaway (from the pets?). Maybe just a getaway from life in general and enjoying the luxury of a fluffy king-sized bed (definitely a luxury for an 8-month pregnant woman and a man who has worked 10-hour days for weeks on end and put up with said pregnant woman). We enjoyed a nice dinner at Veni Vidi Vici. I love Italian and it was perfect. They called us by "Mr. and Mrs. Foster" and gave us a lovely "Happy Anniversary" treat at the end of our meal. I felt as if we were pampered and far, far away from anywhere called "Georgia."


Our lovely evening "abroad" continued with coffee at Cafe Intermezzo. We've been to the one near Perimeter, but the one in Buckhead, where we were, is a little different to say the least. Still a nice after-dinner treat and definitely something to remember for the years later.

So what is the first year like, you ask? (Maybe you didn't, but let's pretend you did.) Definitely highs and lows, as to be expected, and A LOT of learning. I have learned more about communication with my husband than I thought I ever would, and I'm still learning. Thankfully, he still remembers the easiest way to mending my heart--spontaneous, no-occasion-needed flowers and my favorite candy.


We still enjoy our hobbies -- soccer, cleaning up the house and yard, playing with the dogs, and of course movies. We have some new activities, such as preparing for our first child due in two weeks and frozen yogurt eateries. All in all, this last year has really made it evident how much I should thank God for putting my husband in my life. He truly is my best friend, the better part of me, and the one who I can count on through anything. He calms the storms in my head and gives me a stage to make a fool of myself without throwing tomatoes or insults. I am eternally in love, and that's fine by me.


Bring it on year two...

1 comment:

  1. Dear Leya,
    What a beautiful tribute to your first year as husband and wife. I am so glad you got to pamper yourselves in ATL, and the pictures really captured the time well. I hope year two is even better. Rick

    ReplyDelete