Monday, July 2, 2012

Well, almost a year after my last post, I reenter the world of blogging with a post on food...
(What better way!)

So my days at work often are hectic, crazy, and stressful. Unlike other people, my stress reliever actually is coming home to make a meal enjoyed by my husband and me. During the summer months, when I really have no excuses to be stressed, I can take more time to plan out meals and be creative. But that's not to say old staples aren't still tasty! So tonight we're having a one-pot meal of meatloaf and potatoes.

Just a quick recipe:
1lb of ground beef
3 medium potatoes
Spices -- depends on the person, but I always use the same few basics
2 eggs
1/2 medium onion (chopped)
1/2 c. breadcrumbs
4 tbsp butter

Mix the ground beef, eggs, onion, breadcrumbs and spices. The spices I like to use are:



Parsley ~ Garlic Salt ~ Fresh Black Pepper ~ Salt
**Of course, use or add what you like to your taste!

Make sure all ingredients are mixed well and create a mound. Brown in a large pot for 4-5 minutes on med-high heat. In the meantime, prepare your potatoes. I like to make "shreds" or "shoestrings" with my potatoes because cooking will be a bit faster. Once the meatloaf has browned one side, use your Wonder Woman strength and flip the sucker over. Add your potatoes around and on top of the meatloaf. Be sure to salt your potatoes as well. I like to add the 4 tbsp of butter around the potatoes at this point. Reduce the heat to low (just below simmering). 

Your one-pot meal should be finished in about 20-30 minutes! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I've often thought about putting recipes in containers (one-dish, meats, veggies, sides, etc). Then I could pick one out in the morning and reuse all the creative ideas, even when it's the middle of the school year.

    ReplyDelete